NESTLED IN THE HEART OF DC and an easy stroll from the U.S. Capitol, NoMa is one of the city’s fastest-growing neighborhoods. The area includes nearly 21.5 million square feet of office, hotel, retail, and residential space, including 30 LEED-certified buildings and revitalized historic buildings. NoMa continues to grow with an additional 3.6 million square feet under construction. With the stewardship of the NoMa Parks Foundation, the neighborhood’s development is complemented by its robust dedication to remarkable new parks and public spaces.
Development: New + Coming Soon
- NoMaCNTR (1005 First Street NE) is a large mixed-use development to consist of 500 residential units, 48,000 SF of retail with Ted’s Bulletin announcing plans to open, and a Marriott hotel with 235 rooms upon completion in 2022.
- Central Armature Works (1200 Third Street NE) will offer 635 apartment units, 60,000 SF of retail, a 203-room hotel, and a large plaza allowing an additional future pedestrian connection to the NoMa/Gallaudet Metro Station. The apartment portion is expected to deliver in late 2022. The Morrow Hotel, part of the Curio Collection by Hilton, is expected to debut in Summer 2022 – with plans to add upscale restaurant Kiki to the hotel.
- With citizenM Washington DC NoMa (1221 First Street NE), the neighborhood will be home to DC’s second citizenM hotel location. Expected to open in 2022, it will feature 292 rooms, a 6,500 SF restaurant/bar area, and multiple meeting rooms.
Resilient Retail + Restaurants
- NoMa boasts a growing volume of new dining, entertainment, convenience, and fitness retailers, with recent additions including Andy’s Pizza, DC Bouldering Project, Union Kitchen, and She Loves Me.
- The NoMa Farmers Market brings diverse vendors to Alethia Tanner Park weekly from May to September.
- Tribeca (40 N Street NE), a 99-unit apartment building, delivered in 2022.
- The Burton (200 Florida Avenue NE), opened in 2022 as a 15-story apartment building with 387 units – a part of the larger three-acre Washington Gateway redevelopment.
- Eckington Yards is a 3.1-acre redevelopment completed in 2021 and consisting of 457 apartment units, 45 two-level condos, 179 luxury condos, and 67,000 SF of retail/commercial space.
- Press House (331 N Street NE) is a mixed-use project that delivered in 2021 with 356 apartment units, 26,000 SF of office space, and 27,000 SF retail. It features tenants such as Hickok Cole (design firm), Scissors and Scotch, and WhyHotel by Placemakr.
- One501 (1501 Harry Thomas Way NE), opened during 2021 at the northern end of Alethia Tanner Park. It features 327 apartment units and 7,500 SF of ground-floor retail space.