STEEPED IN HISTORY, BARRACKS ROW at 8th Street SE is DC’s oldest commercial corridor. The Navy Yard and U.S. Marine Corps Barracks, neighborhood anchors since the turn of the 19th century, bring more than 18,000 employees daily. Residents and visitors cherish the diverse businesses and restaurants, live entertainment offerings, and annual events.
quick linksExplore Community Data & Map
National Community Church has redeveloped two historic structures into stunning modern entertainment and community venues. The historic Navy Yard Car Barn (c. 1891) became the 980-seat Capital Turnaround, and houses the new Phase Family Learning Center pre-school. The former Meader Theater (c. 1909), the District’s oldest movie theater, now hosts events and movie screenings as the 370-seat Miracle Theatre.
- Call Your Mother Deli ranked among Food & Wine’s 50 Best Bagels in America this year.
- The Michelin Guide 2021 awarded 2 stars to Pineapple & Pearls and 1 to Rose’s Luxury.
- Ambar received a Michelin Plate and earned a spot on Open Table’s 100 Best Brunch Restaurants in the U.S.
- Bitter Grace
- Blackbird Salon
- Call Your Mother Deli
- Extreme Pizza
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams
Top Local Industries
37,096 Total Area Employment
- Public Administration: 40%
- Professional, Scientific & Technical Services: 18%
- Heath Care & Social Assistance: 8%
Contact: Barracks Row Main Street, Inc.