Savor the diversity and energy of the historic Union Market district. Here, a wide variety of multicultural and socio-economic groups converge in the spirit of creativity, entrepreneurship, and love of food.
Union Market is quickly returning to its roots as a powerful economic engine, a culinary destination, a place for launching and scaling businesses, and in the process, transforming the flourishing, creative urban fabric of DC.
- The Edison (188 apartments & 27,410 SF of retail) delivered in 2017 and is
anchored by a 15,000 SF Trader Joe’s (2018 opening).
- 1270 4th Street NE (432 apartments & 29,000 SF of retail) is under construction and will be anchored by a 20,000 SF Latin marketplace concept by Chef Garces in Q4 2018.
- Highline at Union Market (317 apartments & 9,000 SF of retail) is under construction and will deliver in Q1 2019.
Historic District + Streetscape Guidelines
The central spine of the market was designated a historic district in 2016 which will ensure the
unique character of the market moving forward. In addition, the streetscape guidelines will ensure its distinct commercial & industrial character, while incorporating new uses for all users.
$82.4 Million TIF
The DC government has authorized up to $82.4 million in Tax Increment Financing (TIF) to support infrastructure upgrades and retail parking in the Union Market district.
4.4M SF Development Pipeline
- Market Terminal (1,100 residential units, 339,000 SF of office, 270 hotel rooms,
53,000 SF of retail)
- 500 Penn Street (302 residential units, 23,600 SF of retail)
- 1300 4th Street (132 residential units & 12,000 SF of retail)
- 500–530 Morse Street (280 residential units & 20,000 SF or retail)
- As part of its 2022 Campus Plan, Gallaudet University is planning for 1.5 million SF of
mixed-use development on four parcels along 6th Street, NE including 135,000 SF of
retail and 1,800 residential units, along with education and office uses.
Find available space in Union Market
Looking for space?Real Estate Search
*All demographic data is for within 0.5 miles.