SITUATED AT THE CONFLUENCE OF THE POTOMAC AND THE ANACOSTIA RIVERS and directly adjacent to the National Mall, the Southwest Waterfront beckons new residents and visitors with ten world- class museums, seven performance venues, and a rapidly growing food and cultural scene.
The opening of the ﬁrst phase of the $2 billion Wharf project brought new life to the long-beloved Southwest neighborhood.
A REGIONAL DESTINATION
- The Dwight Eisenhower Memorial has a planned opening of May 2020.
- The International Spy Museum opened in 2019 and saw over 400,000 visitors in its ﬁrst six months.
- The 367-room Hilton Washington D.C. reopened in 2019 after a $50 million renovation.
- The mixed-use redevelopment of the Randall School will be centered around a 31,800 SF art gallery.
Initial phases of this 2.5 million SF mixed-use project at the heart of the Southwest Waterfront neighborhood have already opened, including 500,000 SF of office space, 90,000 SF of retail/restaurant space (anchored by a 55,000 SF Safeway grocery store), and 900 apartments. Another 1,000 apartments and 60,000 SF of retail space, including a black box theater and a new community center, remain in the pipeline.
CONTINUED NEIGHBORHOOD GROWTH
- 34% population growth within 5 miles (2010–2019).
- 555 E Street will deliver a 252-room citizenM hotel, 194 residential units, and 10,000 SF of retail space in Q2 2020.
- Over the past ﬁve years, the Southwest area has seen 218,000 SF of new retail space, 2,465 new residential units, and 1.1 million SF of new office space.
- Phase I of The Wharf includes 500,000 SF of office space, 19 shops and 31 restaurants, 870 residential units, 690 hotel rooms, and 1,475 underground parking spaces.
- Construction of Phase II began Q1 2019 (2022 delivery) and includes a new park, a 131-room Pendry hotel, 351 residential units, 95,000 SF of retail/restaurant space, and 575,000 SF of office space anchored by law ﬁrm Williams & Connolly LLP.
TOP LOCAL INDUSTRIES
52,632 Total Area Employment
- Public Administration: 63%
- Professional, Scientiﬁc, & Technical Services: 14%
- Arts, Entertainment, & Recreation: 4%