Destination Restaurants + Bars
- The Red Hen (Italian)—Michelin Bib Gourmand list
- Spark (tasting dinners)—Michelin Bib Gourmand list
- The Royal (Latin American)—Michelin Bib Gourmand list
- Anxo Cidery & Pintxos Bar (Spanish)—featured in Michelin Guide
- Truxton Inn—named among Washingtonian’s 10 Best Bars That Opened in 2017
- 210,000+ residents within a 10-minute car ride
- $112K average household income
- Detailed demographics
Great Streets Retail Small Business Grants
Several streets in the area are designated Great Streets corridors. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2018, up to $50,000 was awarded per location.
Notable Business Openings Since 2016
- ANXO Cidery & Pintxos Bar (2016)
- DCity Smokehouse (2017)
- Spark (2018)
- Sylvan Bakery & Cafe (2017)
- Truxton Inn (2017)
- Tyber Creek Wine Bar & Kitchen (2017)
- The Chapman Stables (57 N St., NW) project renovated and built an addition to an historic industrial building bringing 114 new condos to the area.
- Five Point Flats (1510 North Capitol St., NW) will deliver 14 condos in early 2019.
- Aria Development Group and SOME are developing separate projects that will bring 500+ residential units and retail space at North Capitol St. & Florida Ave., NE.