DESTINATION RESTAURANTS + BARS
- The Red Hen (Italian)— Michelin Bib Gourmand
- The Royal (Latin American)— Michelin Bib Gourmand
- Anxo Cidery & Pintxos Bar (Spanish)—Michelin Plate
- DCity Smokehouse—named a Top 5 Best Barbecue Joint in the DC metro area by the Washington Post in 2019.
GREAT STREETS AND MAIN STREETS
Several streets in the area are designated Great Streets corridors. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2019, up to $50,000 was awarded per location. The corridor is also supported by the North Capitol Main Street through community-based economic development programs.
NOTABLE BUSINESS OPENINGS SINCE 2017
- Creative Grounds DC (2019)
- DCity Smokehouse (2017)
- HopScotch Bar & Grill (2019)
- Republic Cantina (2019)
- Sylvan Bakery & Cafe (2017)
- Truxton Inn (2017)
- Tyber Creek Wine Bar & Kitchen (2017)
- The Chapman Stables (57 N , NW) project delivered 114 new condos to the area in 2018.
- Five Point Flats (1510 North Capitol St., NW) delivered 14 condos in 2019.
- Aria Development Group and SOME are developing separate projects that will bring 500+ residential units and retail space at North Capitol St. and Florida Ave., NE.