MULTICULTURAL AND MULTILINGUAL, Mount Pleasant is one of DC’s most eclectic neighborhoods.
Its main neighborhood serving corridor, Mount Pleasant Street, is the international ﬂair and vibrancy of this community. With high-density housing close to DC’s largest park, Rock Creek Park, a retail shopping corridor and easy access to downtown, Mount Pleasant provides a unique small-town feel.
MULTICULTURAL “MAIN STREET”
- Addis Paris Café (French & Ethiopian)—2018 opening
- Dos Gringos (American & Latin American café)—1999
- Ellē (bakery, restaurant, bar)—2018
- Mola (Spanish restaurant)—2017
- Mount Desert Island Ice Cream—2018
- Purple Patch (Filipino restaurant)—2015
- Sabydee (Lao & Thai restaurant)—2017
- Suns Cinema (theater & bar)—2016
MOUNT PLEASANT HISTORIC DISTRICT
Qualiﬁed property owners of contributing commercial properties in Mount Pleasant have access to tax credits and other incentives to rehabilitate their space.
BURGEONING RESTAURANT CORRIDOR
- The Michelin Guide features two restaurants in the area: Mola (Bib Gourmand) and Ellē (The Plate).
- Beau Thai has been named the “Best Thai Restaurant” for the past seven years by the Washington City Paper Readers’ Poll.
10-MINUTE WALK TRADE AREA
- 26,000+ residents
- 37% population aged 20-34
- $119K average household income
- Detailed demographics