A STABLE AND CLOSE-KNIT COMMUNITY with a solid home ownership rate, Kennedy Street is a mixed-use neighborhood serving main street corridor to watch as it offers signiﬁcant new business and redevelopment potential.
With increasing buying power in the surrounding neighborhoods, Kennedy Street is ideal to support independent retailers and restaurants or a specialty grocer.
GREAT STREETS AND MAIN STREETS
Kennedy Street is a designated Great Streets corridor. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2019, up to $50,000 was awarded per location. The corridor is also supported by Uptown Main Street through community-based economic development programs.
- Dantes Partners & Gilbane will redevelop a DHCD site at 809–813 Kennedy Street into 38 residential units and 1,044 SF of retail.
- Coloma River Capital plans to build 46 residential units and 8,500 SF of retail at 1st & Kennedy Streets.
- District Properties purchased two parcels at 22–24 Kennedy Street and could build a 70,000 SF multifamily building with retail.
- Urbanico Realty Group plans to build 21 residential units at 917 Kennedy Street.
- Plans for 123-125 Kennedy Street call for 30 new apartments and 6,500 SF of retail.
TOP LOCAL INDUSTRIES
12,917 Total Area Employment
- Health Care &Social Assistance: 27%
- Administrative & Support and Waste Management & Remediation Services: 12%
- Educational Services: 11%
NEW RESTAURANTS + BARS
- ANXO Cidery & Tasting Room— 2017 opening
- Cheesemonster Studio—2019
- Home Rule Records—2018
- Jackie Lee’s (American restaurant/ bar)—2017
- Library Tavern (Middle Eastern/ American restaurant)—2017
- Lighthouse Yoga Center—2019
- Soup Up (soup shop)—2018