A stable and close-knit community with a solid homeownership rate, Kennedy Street is a mixed-use neighborhood serving main street corridor to watch as it offers significant new business and redevelopment potential.
With increasing buying power in the surrounding neighborhoods, Kennedy Street is ideal to support independent retailers and restaurants or a specialty grocer.
Great Streets Retail Small Business Grants
Kennedy Street is a designated Great Streets corridor. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2017, up to $50,000 was awarded per location.
- Plans for a vacant site at 5508 7th Street call for a 28-unit residential building.
- DHCD has issued an RFP for the redevelopment of 809-813 Kennedy Street with proposals calling for up to 39 units with 2,500 SF of retail space.
Kennedy Street received a facelift in 2017 with streetscape and green infrastructure improvements from from Georgia Ave to North Capital Street. New brick sidewalks, decorative lighting, and bike racks add to the curb appeal.
New Restaurants & Bars
- ANXO Cidery & Tasting Room – 2017 opening
- Jackie Lee’s (American restaurant/bar) – 2017
- Library Tavern (Middle Eastern/American restaurant) – 2017
- Rotonda (pizzeria) – 2018
- Soup Up (soup shop) – 2018
Find available space in Kennedy Street
Looking for space?Real Estate Search
*All demographic data is for within 0.5 miles.