A stable and close-knit community with a solid homeownership rate, Kennedy Street is a mixed-use neighborhood serving main street corridor to watch as it offers significant new business and redevelopment potential.
With increasing buying power in the surrounding neighborhoods, Kennedy Street is ideal to support independent retailers and restaurants or a specialty grocer.
- 158,000+ residents within a 10-minute car ride
- 4,700-7,500 daily average traffic counts (Kennedy Street)
- Detailed demographics
- Dantes Partners & Gilbane will redevelop a DHCD site at 809–813 Kennedy Street into 38 residential units & 1,044 SF of retail.
- Coloma River Capital plans to build 46 residential units and 8,500 SF of retail at 1st & Kennedy Streets.
- District Properties purchased two parcels at 22–24 Kennedy Street and could build a 70,000 SF multifamily building with retail.
Great Streets Retail Small Business Grants
Kennedy Street is a designated Great Streets corridor. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2018, up to $50,000 was awarded per location.
Kennedy Street received a facelift in 2017 with streetscape and green infrastructure improvements from from Georgia Ave to North Capital Street. New brick sidewalks, decorative lighting, and bike racks add to the curb appeal.
New Restaurants + Bars
- ANXO Cidery & Tasting Room—2017 opening
- Jackie Lee’s (American restaurant/bar)—2017
- Library Tavern (Middle Eastern/American restaurant)—2017
- Soup Up (soup shop)—2018
- Cheesemonster Studio—2019
- Rotonda (pizzeria)—2019
- Neptune Room (bar)—2019