From Its Art Deco architecture to the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to local anchors such as Dance Place, Brookland is a haven for arts and culture.
Furthermore, with tree-lined streets, single-family residences, a new town center and Metrorail access, the neighborhood offers tremendous retail and restaurant opportunities close to the heart of the nation’s capital.
Monroe Street Market
This mixed-use project delivered 57,000 SF of retail/restaurant space and 562 apartments in 2014. Project anchors include The Arts Walk (27 artists studios), Barnes & Noble, Busboys & Poets, Starbucks Reserve, and Brookland Pint.
Centrally Located to Six Hospitals
- Children’s Hospital
- Hospital for Sick Children Pediatric Center
- National Rehabilitation Hospital
- Providence Hospital
- Veteran’s Administration Hospital
- Washington Hospital Center
Population growth within 0.5 miles (2010–2017)
Expanding Culinary Scene
Recent notable businesses openings:
- Fox Loves Taco (coffee shop & taco restaurant) – 2017
- Masala Story (Indian restaurant) – 2017
- Primrose (French restaurant & wine bar) – 2017
- Starbucks Reserve (coffee shop) – 2016
- Tastemakers (food incubator) – 2018
Find available space in Brookland
Looking for space?Real Estate Search
*All demographic data is for within 0.5 miles.