The Washington, DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP), a non-profit, public-private partnership that focuses on facilitating economic development on behalf of the District of Columbia has an opening for a full-time Research Analyst.
WDCEP, through its business attraction and retention programs, promotes DC nationally and internationally to attract businesses and foster local entrepreneurs. The WDCEP’s research plays an important role in helping the public, and private sectors make informed investment decisions.
An ideal candidate is detailed-orientated and exhibits excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills. The Research Analyst is expected to be a leading resource and “knowledge broker” for the development and business climate throughout all of DC’s neighborhoods and commercial submarkets. This position offers the opportunity to gain a great understanding of DC at a macro- and micro-level and develop relationships with both public and private sectors.
The Research Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain several real estate related databases for our DC Real Estate Search tool
- Visualize WDCEP data in various geospatial and mapping applications
- Create & update WDCEP’s resource maps
- Track business openings & closings
- Provide tailored assistance and recommendations to prospective business owners, investors, and brokers
- Collect neighborhood-level demographic and business-related data to understand trends and provide insights for business expansion opportunities
- Support economic development neighborhood tours
- Consolidate & maintain information from Census, ACS, DC State Data Center, DC Office of Research & Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, amongst other data sources
- Assist in data collection and production of The DC Development Report and DC Neighborhood Profiles
- Participate in the preparation and/or attend various conferences (e.g. ICSC)
- General research and support for the organization
The Research Analyst will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Research & Real Estate.
Analytics, GIS (preferably Esri), Salesforce, Microsoft Office, public speaking
Relevant experience and/or undergraduate degree from an accredited institution (preferred degree focus in economics, business, urban and regional planning, or data analysis).
- Based on qualifications
- Benefits (e.g. health, dental, 401k, life, gym membership)
- June 2019
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.