West End / Foggy Bottom
THE WEST END AND FOGGY BOTTOM blend past and present by achieving a balance of 19th century historic architecture, iconic mid-century modern design, and contemporary mixed-use construction. The neighborhood is home to institutions including George Washington University (GWU), GWU Hospital, and The Kennedy Center and hosts diplomats and visitors to the State Department, General Services Administration, Department of the Interior, World Bank, and International Monetary Fund.
quick linksWest End/Foggy Bottom
- The Shops at 2000 Penn were renovated in 2021 to become Western Market food hall, a dining destination with a diversity of options. The market is now home to Arepa Zone, Capo Italian Deli, Falafel Inc., Mason’s Lobster, Nim Ali, Onkei, Rawish, and Roaming Rooster, with more merchants coming soon.
- GWU’s property at 2100 Pennsylvania Ave is being redeveloped into a new 467,000-SF trophy office building with 35,000 SF of retail and underground parking. WilmerHale will occupy 270,000 SF once the building delivers in 2022.
- Call Your Mother (bagels)
- Imperfecto (Mediterranean/Latin American – Michelin Guide Star)
- Bottles Wine Garden
- Tatte Bakery and Cafe
Top Local Industries
195,956 Total Area Employment
- Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services: 25%
- Public Administration: 23%
- Other Services: 13%
(except Public Administration)
Contact: Washington DC Economic Partnership
SVP, Neighborhood Development