PORCH-LINED ROWHOUSES and unique local shops front Georgia Avenue, the longest commercial corridor in the District, as it runs through Petworth and Park View. Offering all the advantages of city living, this area continues to welcome families and young professionals with its array of restaurants and recreational amenities.
quick linksPetworth/Park View
Boutique Retail + Dining On Upshur Street
Neighborhood-serving small businesses nestled among residential blocks include award-winning restaurants and specialty retailers such as Pom Pom, Slash Run, Loyalty Bookstore, She Loves Me Florist, Cinder BBQ, Timber Pizza, Taqueria del Barrio, Willow, Fia’s Fabulous Finds, and Lulabelle’s Sweet Shop.
New Residential Development
- The Exchange delivered 27 condos and retail and Maddox delivered 18 one- and two-bedroom condos in 2021.
- The Augusta is currently under construction with 15 rental units and retail.
- The Views at Georgia Avenue is currently under construction and will deliver 20 1- & 2-BR condos along with retail.
New Food + Drink
Local favorites such as Looking Glass Lounge, The Midlands Beer Garden, and Fish in the Neighborhood have recently welcomed wine bar St. Vincent, Georgian restaurant Tabla, Little Food Studio café, ramen restaurant Menya Hosaki (2022 Michelin Bib Gourmand), a new outdoor patio at Smitty’s, Mister Rotisserie, Sangria Bar and Grill, Halal Wrist, Hen & Fin, and Honeymoon Chicken (2022 Michelin Bib Gourmand).
Great Streets + Main Streets
- Georgia Avenue and adjacent streets are designated Great Streets corridors whose small businesses may apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. The corridor receives additional support from Lower Georgia Avenue Main Street through community-based economic development initiatives.
- In 2021, the Petworth Main Street was also established under the Uptown Community Initiative to include Upshur Ave NW from 8th Street to 13th Street and Georgia Avenue NW from Upshur Street to Missouri Avenue. The program will promote and support Petworth businesses through economic development programs and community events.
Boutique Retail + Dining on Upshur Street
Neighborhood-serving small businesses nestled among residential blocks include award-winning restaurants and specialty retailers such as Slash Run, Loyalty Bookstore, Flowers by Alexes, Cinder BBQ, Timber Pizza, Willow, Fia’s Fabulous Finds, and Lulabelle’s Sweet Shop.