Parkside / Kenilworth
PARKSIDE/KENILWORTH IS EXPANDING rapidly thanks to private and public investment into the area. Hundreds of new residential units are in the pipeline or underway in the neighborhood, which is conveniently located near the Anacostia Freeway (DC-295), Anacostia River, Benning Road, and Eastern Avenue and just south of the 700-acre Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens.
quick linksParkside Kenilworth
Of the 3.1 million SF Parkside site being developed by City Interests, over one million SF has delivered across several projects, including:
- Parkside Green: one-acre community park
- Unity-Parkside Health Clinic
- Victory Square: 98-unit senior housing facility
- 208 new townhomes across Parkside Townhomes, Metrotowns, and District Towns
- The Grove at Parkside: 186-unit affordable apartment community
- Vesta Parkside: 191-unit apartment building completed in 2022
Connectivity + Access
The 400-foot Parkside Pedestrian Bridge was completed in 2021 and crosses over Kenilworth Avenue, two railroad tracks, and I-295 to link the Eastland Gardens, Kenilworth, and Parkside neighborhoods with the Minnesota Avenue Metrorail Station.
Kenilworth Courts (c. 1959), a 290- unit, 14-acre public housing complex, will be redeveloped to deliver a total of 530 residential units with a mix of flats and townhomes and 4,500 SF of retail. Phase I, commencing in 2022, includes the construction of 166 affordable units in a senior building, a multi-family building, stacked flats, and townhouse rentals.
Contact: Washington DC Economic Partnership
SVP, Neighborhood Development