Fort Totten / Riggs Park / Manor Park
WITH AN INCREASINGLY DIVERSE HOUSING STOCK and strong transportation connections, this neighborhood continues to grow as a dynamic residential community and multimodal center prime for future business opportunities. The neighborhood’s residents, businesses, and mixed-use developments support the area as an up-and-coming transit village for local and regional markets.
quick linksDownload Neighborhood Profile
- Chaco Spirits
- Love & Care Child Development Center
- One Life Fitness
- Quintessence Health & Wellness
- The Learning Curve (TLC) Child Development Center
As part of the Main Street program, The Parks Main Street (TPMS) manages community- based economic development initiatives for the neighborhood’s commercial corridors. TPMS has provided more than $200,000 in grants and technical assistance to eligible Riggs Park and Manor Park small businesses since 2018.
- The neighborhood welcomed the new 23,500 SF Lamond-Riggs/Lillian J. Huff Library in 2022.
- In June 2022, the District celebrated the completion of the Metropolitan Branch Trail extension from Brookland to Fort Totten.
- Phase II of the Art Place at Fort Totten project will transform 5.1 acres into a 25,000 SF Aldi grocery store, an Explore! Children’s Museum, a family entertainment zone, and up to 294 apartments.
Local Business Anchors
- Manor Park Barber Shop (59 years)
- The Davis Center, dance studio (53 years)
- The V.I.P. Room, event venue (43 years)
- Bene Millinery, hat & bridal shop. and home of the “DC Hat Lady” (43 years)
- Riggs Wine & Liquor (36 years)
- Lovely Lady Boutique, women’s fashions (31 years)
- Riggs Dry Cleaners (31 years)
- AMAR Group, architecture firm (30 years)
- Hunan Shrimp Boat (26 years)
- Senbeb Café, vegan and vegetarian soul food and Senbeb Natural Foods Co-op (over 15 years)
- Peaches Kitchen Restaurant, Jamaican and American cuisine (15 years)
- Troka Insurance (15 years)