DUPONT CIRCLE IS ONE OF THE DISTRICT’S INTERNATIONAL CENTERS, a cosmopolitan neighborhood with a welcoming European ambiance. Known as the city’s gathering place, Dupont is a vibrant blend of local retailers and restaurants, art galleries and museums, lively arts programming, riveting architecture, and historic homes. Over the next few years, the District Department of Transportation will be making a $25 million investment to build Dupont Plaza on a platform over the below-ground section of Connecticut Avenue. Extensive streetscape enhancements of the surrounding sidewalks are included.
quick linksDownload Neighborhood Profiles Explore Community Data & Map
Visitors to Dupont Circle can stay in more than 20 hotels, dine at DC favorites such as Al Tiramisu and Glen’s Garden Market, see 70+ embassies around the Circle and along nearby Embassy Row, and enjoy world-class art exhibitions such as the Phillips Collection, Dupont Underground, and Hillyer Art Space.
- Fall: Art All Night, High Heel Race
- Winter: Holiday Market, The Heurich House Museum’s Annual Christkindlmarkt, Historic Dupont Circle Main Street’s Retail Holiday Pop-Up, Dupont Circle Pop-Up
- Spring: Taste of Dupont
- Summer: 17th Street Festival, DC Dog Days Sidewalk Sale
- The neighborhood is home to Dupont Circle Park and Shevchenko Park, as well as new parklets, expanded sidewalk cafés, and two streateries.
- The District will invest at least $25 million for the creation of Dupont Plaza, a flexible public space along Connecticut Avenue from Dupont Circle to California Street.
New Retail + Restaurants
- Bombay Street Food
- Butter Chicken Company
- DC Vegan Delicatessen
- Del Sur Café
- Gonzo at Astoria DC
- Mason’s Famous Lobster Rolls
- Mi Casa
- Taim Falafel
- The Tacco