DUPONT CIRCLE IS ONE OF THE DISTRICT’S INTERNATIONAL CENTERS, a cosmopolitan neighborhood with a welcoming European ambiance. Known as the city’s gathering place, Dupont is a vibrant blend of local retailers and restaurants, art galleries and museums, lively arts programming, riveting architecture, and historic homes. Over the next few years, the District Department of Transportation will be making a $25 million investment to build Dupont Plaza over the down ramp of Connecticut Avenue. Extensive streetscape enhancements of the surrounding sidewalks will be included.
quick linksDownload Neighborhood Profile
Visitors to Dupont Circle can stay in more than 20 hotels, dine at DC favorites such as The Pembroke and Duck Duck Goose, see 70+ embassies around the Circle and along nearby Embassy Row, and enjoy world-class art exhibitions such as the Phillips Collection, Dupont Underground, and Hillyer Art Space.
- Year Round: Farmers Market, ArtWalk Dupont
- Fall: Art All Night, High Heel Race
- Winter: Holiday Celebration in the Circle, Heurich House Museum’s Annual Christkindlmarkt, Historic Dupont Circle Main Street’s Holiday Pop-Up
- Spring: Taste of Dupont
- Summer: 17th Street Festival, See You in the Circle Concert Series, Pride celebration
- The neighborhood is home to Dupont Circle Park and several parklets, expanded sidewalk cafés, and two streateries.
- The District will invest at least $25 million for the creation of Dupont Plaza, a flexible public space along Connecticut Avenue from Dupont Circle to California Street.
- Ala Coffee + More
- Boogy & Peel (pizzeria)
- Duck Duck Goose (French)
- Foxtrot (convenience store)
- Ìpàdé (coworking space)
- Lady Bird (rooftop bar)
- MADabolic (gym)
- Signature Lounge
- Sincerely Breakfast
Dupont Circle Business Improvement District