AS THE CORE OF THE NATION’S CAPITAL, Downtown DC is where every element of the District’s ecosystem come together. A focal point of regional employment, hospitality, and culture, Downtown DC has suffered the brunt of pandemic impacts in the metro area. Recognizing the importance of downtown to the DMV, as well as the country, significant resources are being invested in its resurgence. That creates the opportunity to be on the “ground floor” as the third-strongest office market in the U.S. returns to form.
quick linksDownload Neighborhood Profiles Explore Community Data & Map
Dining, Shopping + Entertainment
- 132 Destination Restaurants,
- 75 Destination Retailers
- 13 Museums, including Planet Word (2020) and Victims of Communism (2021) Museums
- 8 Theatre & Performance Venues
- Capital One Arena
- Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Innovation + Tech
With 30+ co-working locations, an Apple flagship store, and the Microsoft Innovation & Policy Center, Downtown DC’s reputation as a technology hub is further supported by a collection of innovators including MapBox, Eaton Workshop, Yelp, Facebook, Fiscal Note, and Social Tables.
- 7 Metrorail Stations serving all system lines below ground, DC Circulator at the street level
- 31 Capital Bikeshare Stations
- 97 Walkscore
New Retail, Services + Entertainment
Noteworthy recent additions to the Downtown DC commercial environment include Akris, Chanel, Cheesecake Factory, Five Iron Golf, Giorgio Armani, Lululemon, and Yardbird Southern Table & Bar.