Central 14th Street / WMATA Bus Barn
CHARACTERIZED BY ONE-STORY COMMERCIAL STOREFRONTS and the WMATA Bus Barn, this portion of 14th Street, NW between Webster and Decatur Streets, NW, has a charming neighborhood feel. With relatively wide sidewalks, an attractive streetscape and an active business community, the economic potential of this commercial node has yet to peak.
quick linksExplore Community Data & Map
New + Improved Restaurants
- The Highlands, a longtime 14th Street food scene staple, recently underwent renovation, and Spanish restaurant Atxondo moved in next door.
- Additional 2020 arrivals include Stein’s Cafe Raw Bar and Pica Taco To Go.
- In 2021 the corridor will welcome Dangerously Delicious Pies and La Villa Pizzeria, which will reopen following a 2019 fire.
- The 14th Street Graffiti Museum, an outdoor, self-guided art installation highlighting the history of graffiti in the District, opened in 2020.
- Four new murals were installed in an alley on the 4600 block of 14th Street as part of the #MuralsDC51 initiative.
- Curious Explorers Child Development Center arrived in 2020 and offers a creative curriculum for children up to age 5.
Top Local Industries
5,375 Total Area Employment
- Health Care & Social Assistance: 21%
- Administrative/Support & Waste Management/Remediation Services: 18%
- Professional Services: 12%
WMATA Bus Barn
Led by Beyer Blinder Belle, a multi-disciplinary team has redesigned the WMATA Northern Bus Garage (c. 1906) at 4615 14th Street NW to accommodate new retail, office, and/or cultural space while preserving the historic façade. Redevelopment of the “Bus Barn” is anticipated for completion in 2025.
Contact: Uptown Main Street