Central 14th Street (Colorado Triangle)
DEFINED AS THE
Northern most commercial area along 14th Street, NW, this triangular shaped neighborhood is bounded by 14th Street, Colorado Avenue, Kennedy and Longfellow Streets, NW. Anchored by a well-kept neighborhood park, this quiet commercial area is characterized by classic wide sidewalks, larger lot sizes and quality retail space.
quick linksDownload Neighborhood Profiles Explore Community Data & Map
Food + Community
- Moreland’s Tavern, from the owners of Boundary Stone and DC Reynolds, opened in 2017 at 5501 14th Street.
- Social Kitchen opened at 5505 Colorado Avenue in 2019.
- The 14th & Kennedy Farmer’s Market activates the area’s arts cluster, with a variety of vendors and local community organizations.
Great Streets And Main Streets
14th Street is a designated Great Streets corridor. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2019, up to $50,000 was awarded per location. The corridor is also supported by the Uptown Main Street through community-based economic development programs.
Future Creative Cluster Opportunities
With relatively low rents, and emerging redevelopment opportunities, this neighborhood is ideal for bourgeoning artists and art-related uses.
Top Local Industries
12,917 Total Area Employment
- Health Care & Social Assistance: 27%
- Administrative & Support and Waste Management & Remediation Services: 12%
- Educational Services: 11%