Bellevue / South Capitol
BELLEVUE IS AN EMERGING residential neighborhood ﬁlled with community character and cultural signiﬁcance. Recent additions to the area include the Conway Health and Resource Center-Community of Hope and the William O. Lockridge/Bellevue Library. These investments have positioned Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue and South Capitol Street for dynamic residential and economic growth.
quick linksExplore Community Data & Map
- The redeveloped South Capitol Street Shopping Center site delivered 195 affordable units & 5,000 SF of retail in Sept. 2020.
- Good Food Markets plans to open a new 3,800 SF location at the former South Capitol Street Shopping Center site. The District awarded an $880,000 Neighborhood Prosperity Fund grant to assist with store buildout.
- The Well at Oxon Run, expected to deliver Spring 2022, will be a 50,000 SF site comprising an urban farm, community garden, outdoor classroom, farm stand, performance pavilion, library, & installations by local artists.
Great Streets Retail Small Business Grants
Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue and South Capitol Street are designated Great Streets corridors. As funds become available, small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2020, up to $50,000 was awarded per location.
Top Local Industries
3,575 Total Area Employment
- Professional Services: 27%
- Health Care & Social Assistance: 18%
- Public Administration: 10%
Contact: Washington DC Economic Partnership
SVP, Emerging Neighborhoods