The West End/Foggy Bottom neighborhoods have a perfect confluence of 19th century historic architecture, iconic midcentury modern buildings, institutional campuses and contemporary mixed-use projects to achieve a perfectly balanced powerhouse community.
Furthermore, with a sense of prestige, this neighborhood attracts world diplomatic leadership visiting the State Department’s headquarters.
New Mixed-Use Development
- Boathouse (2601 Virginia Ave.): 250 residential units and 5,000 SF of retail (Q1 2019 delivery)
- 2112 Pennsylvania Avenue: 250,000 SF office building with 10,000 SF of retail (Q2 2018 delivery)
- The Legacy West End (1255 22nd St.): 197 apartments and 5,000 SF of retail (Q1 2018 delivery)
- Westlight (24th & L Sts.): 164 condos & apartments, 7,600 SF of retail space, and a 20,000 SF library (2017 delivery)
- 2225 M (23rd & M Sts.): 61 condos, a 19,700 SF squash club, and a new 15,000 SF fire station (2017 delivery)
George Washington University
DC’s largest university has about 27,000 students and its hospital has more than 1,000 doctors and staff.
4.8 Million / 3,000+
Private office SF / Hotel rooms
Kennedy Center’s $100M Expansion
The nationally recognized John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is building three new pavilions (Welcome, Skylight & River) as part of its The Reach project to house rehearsal, education, and public event space, with new belowgrade bus parking and patron vehicle access. It plans to open in Q3 2019.
- 55% population aged 20-34
- 89% population with Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- $126K average household income
- Detailed demographics