THE WEST END/FOGGY BOTTOM NEIGHBORHOODS HAVE A PERFECT CONFLUENCE of 19th century historic architecture, iconic midcentury modern buildings, institutional campuses and contemporary mixed- use projects to achieve a perfectly balanced powerhouse community.
Furthermore, with a sense of prestige, this neighborhood attracts world diplomatic leadership visiting the State Department’s headquarters.
NEW MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT
- Boathouse (2601 Virginia ): 250 residential units and 5,000 SF of retail (2020 delivery)
- 2100 Pennsylvania Avenue: 450,000 SF office building with 30,000 SF of retail (2022 delivery)
- 2112 Pennsylvania Avenue: 250,000 SF office building with 10,000 SF of retail (2018 delivery)
- The Legacy West End (1255 22nd ): 197 apartments and 5,000 SF of retail (2018 delivery)
- Westlight (24th & L ): 164 condos & apartments, 7,600 SF of retail space, and a 20,000 SF library (2017 delivery)
- 2225 M (23rd & M ): 61 condos, a 19,700 SF squash club, and a new 15,000 SF ﬁre station (2017 delivery)
- Insight purchased 515 22nd Street for $34 million and will convert it to 153 multifamily units.
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
DC’s largest university has approximately 20,000 on-campus students and its hospital has more than 1,000 doctors and staff.
4.8 MILLION / 3,000+
Private office SF / Hotel rooms
KENNEDY CENTER’S $100M EXPANSION
The nationally recognized John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts built three new pavilions (Welcome, Skylight & River) in 2019 as part of The Reach project to expand rehearsal, education, and public event space, with new below-grade bus parking and patron vehicle access.