UPSHUR STREET – BOUTIQUE RETAIL + DINING
Home to neighborhood-serving small businesses nestled amidst porch- lined residential blocks. Award- winning restaurants & specialty retail shops include Pom Pom, The Lemon Collective, Slash Run, Loyalty Bookstore, She Loves Me Florist, Cinder BBQ, Timber Pizza, Taqueria del Barrio, Willow, Fia’s Fabulous Finds, and Lulabelle’s Sweet Shop.
GREAT STREETS AND MAIN STREETS
Georgia Avenue, and adjacent streets, are designated Great Streets corridors. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. The corridor is also supported by the Lower Georgia Avenue Main Street through community-based economic development programs.
Burgeoning Restaurant Scene
- The area is home to numerous local favorites such as Looking Glass Lounge, The Midlands Beer Garden, and Fish in the Neighborhood.
- Residents keep ﬁt with many nearby exercise options, such as Yoga Heights, SWEAT DC, and Salsa with Silvia.
- Live entertainment includes comedy nights at Reliable Tavern, improv at Dojo Comedy, and Story District.
GROWING RESIDENTIAL + VISITOR OPTIONS
- The former Linens of the Week/ Alsco property at 713 Lamont Street was redeveloped into 225 residential apartments in 2019.
- The Lamont (3225 Georgia Avenue) is a mixed-use development that houses nine luxury apartments, managed by short-term rental company Sonder, and 2,100 SF of ground-ﬂoor retail.
- The Brazilian–American Cultural Center opened in 2019 at 3001 Sherman Avenue.