H STREET, NE HAS STEADILY RETURNED to rank as one of DC’s most productive and innovative neighborhood commercial & residential districts.
A hip arts scene inclusive of quirky bars, eclectic restaurants, art galleries, and regional music destination—most locally owned— continue to lead the way in the corridor’s renaissance. With direct access to Union Station—the region’s transportation center—the corridor offers easy access to the metropolitan area and the East Coast.
TOP LOCAL INDUSTRIES
55,234 Total Area Employment
- Public Administration: 33%
- Educational Services: 11%
- Professional, Scientiﬁc & Technical Services: 8%
GROWING MIXED-USE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 900+ new residential units have been built in the past three years with nearly 500 more under construction within a half-mile.
- Whole Foods opened a new 44,000 SF store in 2017 and there is 71,000 SF of retail space under construction.
- AVEC, a new mixed-use project, will deliver 419 multi-family units & 53,500 SF of retail space in Q1 2020.
The corridor is home to numerous co-working facilities including a 32,000 SF WeWork, 8 Flex Office Space locations, and a 30,000 SF Bond Collective.
DESTINATION RETAIL + RESTAURANTS
- The Michelin Guide features six restaurants along H Street (Ethiopic, Stable DC) with Fancy Radish, Cane, Toki Underground, and Maketto, included in the Bib Gourmand list.
- Cafe Fili, Cane, Ella Grace, Orangetheory Fitness, Pho Viet & Grille, thamee, and The Pursuit Wine Bar opened locations in 2019.
- Retail expected to open in 2020 include Butter Chicken Company, Kitsuen, Milk & Honey, Mozzeria, and Solidcore.