H Street, NE has steadily returned to rank as one of the DC’s most productive and innovative neighborhood commercial & residential districts.
A hip arts scene inclusive of quirky bars, eclectic restaurants, art galleries, and regional music destinations – most locally owned–continue to lead the way in the corridor’s renaissance. With direct access to Union Station – the region’s transportation center–the corridor offers easy access to the metropolitan area and the East Coast.
- Great American Main Street (National Trust for Historic Preservation, 2013)
- Top 10 Great Urban Neighborhood (USA Today, 2011)
- America’s sixth Hippest Hipster Neighborhood (Forbes, 2012)
- 20,750 population within 1/2 mile
- $151K average household income
- Detailed demographics
Growing Mixed-Use Neighborhood
- 1,200 new residential units have been built in the past three years with another 1,200+ under construction within a half-mile.
- Whole Foods opened a new 44,000 SF store in Q1 2017 and there is 80,000 SF of retail space under construction.
- AVEC, a new mixed-use project, will deliver 420 multi-family units & 53,000 SF of retail space in Q3 2019.
The corridor is home to numerous co-working facilities including a 32,000 SF WeWork, 8 Flex Office Space locations, and in 2019 Bond Collective will open a 30,000 SF location at 609 H Street.
Destination Retail & Restaurants
- The Michelin Guide features six restaurants along H Street (Ethiopic, Sally’s Middle Name, Stable DC) with Fancy Radish, Maketto, and Toki Underground included in the Bib Gourmand list.
- A Ma Maniére, Fancy Radish, Idle Hands, Solid State Books, The Daily Rider, ElectionCycle, Lagree DC, and Physicality opened locations in 2018.
- Retail expected to open in 2019 include Cane, Smokin’ Pig BBQ, and Solidcore.