CAPITOL GATEWAY MARKETPLACE
Potential redevelopment plans for a vacant 12-acre site call for approximately 162,200 SF of retail/ restaurant space (there is potential for a 135,500 SF anchor and restaurant pad site), 312 apartments, and 800 parking spaces.
- A new Marvin Gaye Recreation Center was built in 2018 and features a music room, teaching kitchen, art gallery space, tech lounge, and ﬁtness center.
- A three-acre site at East Capitol Street and Southern Avenue was transformed into an urban farm in The farm features a garden, a farmer’s market, aquaponics facility, nature trail, and a plaza with public art.
$31 MILLION HOPE VI REVITALIZATION GRANT
Supported by this grant, the Capitol Gateway redevelopment plan has already delivered 374 new residential units with another 700 units in the pipeline.
TOP LOCAL INDUSTRIES
8,658 Total Area Employment
- Educational Services: 19%
- Health Care & Social Assistance: 18%
- Public Administration: 13%