DUPONT CIRCLE IS DC’S INTERNATIONAL HEART, a cosmopolitan neighborhood renowned as the city’s gathering place.
The 70+ embassies, including nearby Embassy Row, and welcoming European ambiance attracts residents and visitors to year-round cultural celebrations, restaurants, shops, and lively arts and programming. Dupont Circle is a vibrant blend of local retail favorites, traveler attractions, historic homes, riveting architecture, and a thriving food scene.
HISTORY, CULTURE & OPPORTUNITY
- Six new businesses opened from 2018–2020.
- Voted “Best Gayborhood” of 2019 by Washington Blade readers.
- Home to numerous event spaces such as Dupont Circle Park and Shevchenko Park.
- Dupont Circle is a place where feminists ﬁrst fought, gay residents felt welcomed, entrepreneurs innovated, and the progressive thinkers of the city gathered.
Visitors and professionals can stay in more than 20 hotels in Dupont Circle, dine at DC favorites such as Al Tiramisu and Emissary, and visit world class art exhibitions such as the Phillips Collection, Dupont Underground, and Studio Gallery.
The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is investing at least $25 million for a new, multi-modal streetscape along Connecticut Avenue, from Dupont Circle to California Street. This project will provide a ﬂexible and welcoming public space for everyday activities and special events.
TOP LOCAL INDUSTRIES
74,574 Total Area Employment
- Professional, Scientiﬁc & Technical Services: 26%
- Other Services: 22% (Except Public Administration)
- Administrative & Support and Waste Management & Remediation Services: 15%
CELEBRATIONS & FESTIVALS
- Dupont Circle Farmers Market (Sunday mornings & year-round)
- Taste of Dupont (spring)
- Capital Pride (June)
- 17th Street Festival (summer)
- High Heel Race (fall)
- Art All Night (September)
- Holiday Hop-Around (December)
- Groundhog Day (February