#2 Hottest Residential Market in the U.S.
In 2018 Redfin identified Deanwood as the #2 Hottest Neighborhood Within Reach in the U.S. Deanwood’s diverse
housing stock, proximity to employment centers, and affordable prices are making it destination for new home buyers.
Great Streets Retail Small Business Grants
Nannie Helen Burroughs Avenue and Minnesota Avenue are designated Great Streets corridors. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2018, up to $50,000 was awarded per location.
$15 Million in Infrastructure Investments
Completed in 2012, Nannie Helen Burroughs Avenue now features a reconfigured single lane roadway to allow for traffic calming, landscaped medians, bicycle lanes, new sidewalks and street lighting. In addition, six bridges over Watts Branch were rehabilitated.
New Development Underway
- Six new row homes (4 BR & 3.5 BA) will deliver along 4932–4942 Nannie Helen Burroughs Avenue in 2019.
- The Warrenton Group and Pennrose Properties delivered The Residences at Hayes, a 150-unit apartment building, in Q3 2018.
- The historic Strand Theatre site will be redeveloped into 86 residential units and up to 9,200 SF of retail space by The Warrenton Group & WMCDC.
- 125,000+ residents within a 10-minute car ride
- 7,300-17,600 average daily traffic counts (Nannie Helen Burroughs Ave., NE)
- Detailed demographics