ALIVE WITH ACTIVITY, Columbia Heights is one of DC’s most diverse, dense and urban neighborhoods with more than 38,000 residents.
The catalysts fueling this vibrant transformation includes the development of several major retailers, a revived arts scene, and exciting new residential projects. The commercial heart of the neighborhood features more than 640,000 SF of retail and restaurants.
GREAT STREETS AND MAIN STREETS
14th Street and the surrounding commercial corridors are designated Great Streets corridors. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2019, up to $50,000 was awarded per location. The corridor is also supported by the Columbia Heights and Mount Pleasant Main Street programs.
11th STREET- HOME TO INDEPENDENT ENTREPRENEURS
Notable openings joining mainstays such as The Coupe, RedRocks, Bad Saint, Patrick’s Pet Care, Odd Provisions, and Room 11 include:
- Makan (Malaysian restaurant)—2020
- Ossobuco Ristorante (Italian restaurant)—2020
- Queen’s English (Chinese restaurant)—2019
- The Thirsty Crow (bar & Malaysian street food)—2019
MULTICULTURAL BUSINESSES ALONG PARK ROAD & 14th STREET
- Bombay Street Food – Indian restaurant
- Mi Cuba Café – Cuban restaurant
- Los Hermanos – Dominican restaurant
- Pho 14 – Vietnamese restaurant
- Letena – Ethiopian restaurant
- Pollo Sabroso – Peruvian & Central American restaurant
- Rinconcito Café – Salvadorean restaurant
- Gloria’s Pupuseria –Central American restaurant
- Tequila & Mezcal – Mexican restaurant
- Sticky Fingers – gluten free bakery
- Shangai Tokyo Café – Asian fusion restaurant