CHARACTERIZED BY ONE-STORY COMMERCIAL STOREFRONTS and the WMATA Bus Barn, this portion of 14th Street, NW between Webster and Decatur Streets, NW, has a charming neighborhood feel.
With relatively wide sidewalks, an attractive streetscape and an active business community, the economic potential of this commercial node has yet to peak.
AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD INCOME
GREAT STREETS AND MAIN STREETS
14th Street is a designated Great Streets corridor. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2019, up to $50,000 was awarded per location. The corridor is also supported by the Uptown Main Street through community-based economic development programs.
- The Highlands Restaurant has been a neighborhood staple for years and has recently been joined by Athena Grill (2017) and Las Placitas (2017).
- Stein’s Cafe Raw Bar (4630 14th Street) and Pico Taco To Go (4610 14th Street) have plans to open along the corridor.
- Tucked into an Art Deco theater, Dance Loft on 14 offers 7,000 SF of studio, dance, and community space.
TOP LOCAL INDUSTRIES
12,917 Total Area Employment
- Health Care & Social Assistance: 27%
- Administrative & Support and Waste Management & Remediation Services: 12%
- Educational Services: 11%