DEFINED AS THE northern most commercial area along 14th Street, NW, this triangular shaped neighborhood is bounded by 14th Street, Colorado Avenue, Kennedy and Longfellow Streets, NW.
Anchored by a well-kept neighborhood park, this quiet commercial area is characterized by classic wide sidewalks, larger lot sizes and quality retail space.
FOOD + COMMUNITY
- Moreland’s Tavern, from the owners of Boundary Stone and DC Reynolds, opened in 2017 at 5501 14th Street.
- Social Kitchen opened at 5505 Colorado Avenue in 2019.
- The 14th & Kennedy Farmer’s Market activates the area’s arts cluster, with a variety of vendors and local community organizations.
GREAT STREETS RETAIL SMALL BUSINESS GRANTS
14th Street is a designated Great Streets corridor. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2019, up to $50,000 was awarded per location.
TOP LOCAL INDUSTRIES
12,917 Total Area Employment
- Health Care & Social Assistance: 27%
- Administrative & Support and Waste Management & Remediation Services: 12%
- Educational Services: 11%
FUTURE CREATIVE CLUSTER OPPORTUNITIES
With relatively low rents, and emerging redevelopment opportunities, this neighborhood is ideal for bourgeoning artists and art- related uses.