Bellevue is an emerging residential neighborhood, filled with community character and cultural significance.
Recent new development includes the Conway Health and Resource Center-Community of Hope located proximate to William O. Lockridge/Bellevue Library. These new investments have positioned Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue and South Capitol Street on the cusp of exciting new economic development growth.
- 124,000+ residents within a 10-minute car ride
- 20,128 average daily traffic counts (South Capitol Street)
- Detailed demographics
New Grocery + Retail
- A 3,800 SF Good Food Markets grocer will open in Q3 2019 in the redevelopment of the former South Capitol Street Shopping Center site. The project was awarded $880,000 from the Neighborhood Prosperity Fund to assist with the buildout.
- Trinity Plaza is a mixed-use development that delivered 49 apartments and 6,000 SF of retail space, anchored by Bellevue Pharmacy, in 2015.
Great Streets Retail Small Business Grants
Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue and South Capitol Street are designated Great Streets corridors. As funds become available small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2018, up to $50,000 was awarded per location.
- The South Capitol Street Shopping Center site is being redeveloped by City Interests & Michaels Development Corporation into a $58 million, mixed-use project with 195 residential units and 5,000 SF of retail space (2019 delivery).
- The site at 3840 & 3848 South Capitol Street, SE will be redeveloped into a four-story, 106- unit affordable housing property.