BELLEVUE IS AN EMERGING residential neighborhood, ﬁlled with community character and cultural signiﬁcance.
Recent new additions to the area include the Conway Health and Resource Center-Community of Hope and the William O. Lockridge/Bellevue Library. These new investments have positioned Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue and South Capitol Street on the cusp of exciting new economic development growth.
- The South Capitol Street Shopping Center site is being redeveloped by City Interests & Michaels Development Corporation into a $58 million, mixed-use project with 195 residential units and 5,000 SF of retail space (2020 delivery).
- The site at 3840 & 3848 South Capitol Street, SE will be redeveloped into a four-story, 106- unit affordable housing property.
TOP LOCAL INDUSTRIES
13,338 Total Area Employment
- Public Administration: 37%
- Health Care & Social Assistance: 25%
- Utilities: 8%
NEW GROCERY + RETAIL
- A 3,800 SF Good Food Markets grocery will open in 2020 in the redevelopment of the former South Capitol Street Shopping Center site. The project was awarded $880,000 from the Neighborhood Prosperity Fund to assist with the buildout.
- Trinity Plaza is a mixed-use development that delivered 49 apartments and 6,000 SF of retail space, anchored by Bellevue Pharmacy, in 2015.
GREAT STREETS RETAIL SMALL BUSINESS GRANTS
Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue and South Capitol Street are designated Great Streets corridors. As funds become available, small businesses can apply for grants to cover capital improvements and certain soft costs. In 2019, up to $50,000 was awarded per location.