Steeped in U.S. history, 8th Street, SE is DC’s oldest commercial corridor and anchored by the Washington Navy Yard since 1798 and the United States Marine Corps Barracks, for which it is named, since 1801.
Experience the diverse dining and retail opportunities in one of the most prominent of the thriving Capitol Hill neighborhoods.
- The Emblem at Barracks Row delivered 20 new condos and 3,000 SF of retail at 8th & Virginia Ave. in Q4 2018.
- MMG has submitted plans to build 49 new residential units at 9th & Potomac Ave. and a 14-unit addition to 816 Potomac Ave.
- Martin-Diamond Properties acquired 507 8th St. & 526 8th St. for $10 million in 2018 and plans to redevelop 526 8th St. into a three-story commercial property.
35+ Restaurant & Outdoor Cafes
Businesses that have opened along the corridor in the past three years include &pizza, Brick Lane, Chiko, EatBar, Elemeno, Navy Nails, Orchid, Pineapple & Pearls, Reformation Fitness, Summit to Soul, Sushi Haichi, Torai Grill & Sushi, Valor Brew Pub, and The Vanity Box.
- 33% population aged 20-34
- 141K average household income
- Detailed demographics
- The DC Michelin Guide features six restaurants in the area (Ambar, Eat Bar, Cava Mezze, Garrison) with Pineapple & Pearls (2) & Rose’s Luxury (1) receiving stars.