Vibrant, eclectic, unique – Adams Morgan is renowned for its fantastic restaurants and nightlife, colorful storefronts, and historic, tree-lined residential streets.
More than 240 restaurants and businesses call this artistic neighborhood home, from friendly sidewalk cafes to Michelin-starred restaurants with diverse cuisine, intimate local shops, and some of Washington’s liveliest nightspots. New residential and retail development attracts young professionals and families to the diversity of culture, tastes and activities of the neighborhood.
- The Michelin Guide reviewed nearly a dozen restaurants in the area, with A Rake’s Progress and Spoken English added to the list.
- Exciting openings in 2019 included The Imperial, The Game Sports Pub, Tikki on 18th, and Isshin In early 2020, expect Reveler’s Hour by the owners of Tail Up Goat; and a new three-level Japanese concept from former DC restaurateur of the year Darren Norris.
- “Dwell Magazine” named Adams Morgan “DC’s nightlife center” due to the wide array of venues that host live theater, comedy shows, and live music nearly every night.
- The neighborhood features one of the largest concentration of diverse and international restaurants in the city, with dining options including Asian, African, South American, and Latin American cuisine.
- More than 500+ residential units are beginning to deliver, with 160 still under construction and delivering in 2020.
- Urban Dwell, a neighborhood boutique specializing in unique gifts, housewares, accessories, and more, was a 2019 ﬁnalist for the U.S Chamber of Commerce’s “Dream Big” award for veteran-owned businesses.
- The LINE DC Hotel, with its renowned restaurants, is the buzziest hotel in DC (The Washington Post), and the best hotel for music-lovers (Budget Travel).
CULTURE & PROGRAMMING
The Adams Morgan Partnership organizes an array of events, attracting more than 24,000 people in 2019, including a summer outdoor movie series partnering with the Smithsonian’s National Air & Space Museum, and the lauded Adams Morgan PorchFest, which features over 50 musical acts.
- 41% population aged 20-34
- 81% population with Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- $149K average household income
- Detailed demographics