U Street, Named one of APA’s great places in America, is at the center of DC’s renaissance.
The commercial vitality is centered along the 14th & U Street corridors where young professionals come to experience some of the best mix of high-end dining, retail, residential, entertainment and cultural offerings in DC.
Whole Foods + Whole Foods + Trader Joe’s + More
When the second Whole Foods opens in 2020, the neighborhood will have 5 grocery stores, including Trader Joe’s, Streets Market & Cafe, and Yes! Organic Market.
New Development in 2019
- Liz, the redevelopment of the former site of the Whitman-Walker Health clinic at 14th & R Streets, NW, will deliver 60,000 SF of office, 78 apartments & 20,000 SF of retail in Q3 2019.
- JBG Smith’s final phase of their Atlantic Plumbing development will deliver 256 residential units in Q4 2019.
Notable Retail Openings in 2018
- Bandit Taco (Mexican restaurant)
- The Bar (men’s apparel)
- IvyWild (beauty boutique)
- The Meatball Shop (Italian/American restaurant)
- Milk Bar (bakery)
- The Smith (American Brasserie restaurant)
- Pappe (Indian restaurant)
- PUNCH (women’s apparel)
- 42% population Aged 20-24
- 83% population with Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- $152K average household income
- Detailed demographics