NAMED ONE OF APA’S GREAT PLACES IN AMERICA,and one of the friendliest & most-welcoming neighborhoods in the U.S. by National Geographic, the 14th & U Street corridors are at the center of DC’s renaissance.
As a top 15 U.S. market for young professionals, visitors can experience some of the best mix of high-end dining, retail, residential, entertainment and cultural offerings in DC.
- The Liz delivered 60,000 SF of office (anchored by the Whitman-Walker Health clinic), 78 apartments & 20,000 SF of retail at 14th & R Streets in Q3 2019.
- A total of 689 new residential units and a new Whole Foods will deliver in two separate projects at Florida & W Streets in 2020.
- Collection14 (14th & V Streets) started construction and will deliver 25,000 SF of retail, 233 apartments & 4,000 SF for arts uses in Q3 2021.
TOP LOCAL INDUSTRIES
92,841 Total Area Employment
- Professional, Scientiﬁc & Technical Services: 27%
- Other Services: 22% (except Public Administration)
- Accommodation & Food Services: 14%
WHOLE FOODS + TRADER JOE’S + WHOLE FOODS + MORE
When the second Whole Foods opens in 2020, the neighborhood will have 5 grocery stores, including Trader Joe’s, Streets Market & Cafe, and Yes! Organic Market.
NOTABLE RETAIL OPENINGS IN 2019
- Café U (coffee shop)
- Framebridge (home goods)
- Joybird (furniture)
- Mexicue (Mexican restaurant)
- Parachute (home goods)
- Sephora (cosmetics)
- Seven Reasons (Latin restaurant)
- Phillips Seafood & Steaks
A DESTINATION NEIGHBORHOOD
- Seven Reasons was named “Best New Restaurant in America” by Esquire Magazine in 2019.
- In 2018 Maydan was named the 2 best new restaurant in America by Bon Appetit, made Food&Wine’s Restaurants of the Year, and a semiﬁnalist for the James Beard Foundation’s Best New Restaurant.
- Bresca and Maydan both received a Michelin Guide star and Pearl Dive was included in the 2020 Bib Gourmand list.