WDCEP Releases 2013 Annual Report
Happy New Year from the Washington, DC Economic Partnership! The WDCEP started off the near year with the release of its 2013 Annual Report which highlights the accomplishments and achievements of the WDCEP over the last year, demonstrating its impact on neighborhoods, communities, business owners and partner organizations throughout DC. Over the last thirteen years, the WDCEP has helped to transform the District through its strategic branding and marketing efforts and quality business and retail development programming.
A few of WDCEP’s most notable accomplishments and achievements over the past year include:
- 64 WDCEP-assisted businesses opened in FY2013
- WDCEP helped facilitate over 875,000 square feet of deals in FY13
- WDCEP spearheaded a new initiative by organizing DC’s first official presence at SXSW, one of the largest technology conferences in the world
- WDCEP expanded the organization’s business attraction activities by adding a strategic communications initiative promoting DC to national and international audiences
- WDCEP launched AccelerateDC Venture Mentoring Service, a new business development initiative that provides a free and confidential mentoring service to DC area’s technology-based companies
The 2013 Annual Report shows that whether one plans to start a District-based business, make their existing business more competitive, connect to development and retail opportunities, or access research to make better-informed decisions, the WDCEP should be thought of as the economic development resource.