WDCEP Releases 2012 Annual Report
Today, the WDCEP releases its 2012 Annual Report which highlights the accomplishments and achievements of the WDCEP over the last year, demonstrating its impact on neighborhoods, communities, business owners and partner organizations throughout DC. Over the last eleven years, the WDCEP has helped to transform the District through its strategic branding and marketing efforts and quality business and retail development programming.
A few of WDCEP’s most notable accomplishments and achievements over the past year include:
- Facilitated a record-breaking year for DC at the ICSC RECon in Las Vegas, NV, conducting over 80 meetings with retailers, over 400 booth visitors, and over 500 people attending the annual Capital Reception.
- Organized and executed five Neighborhood/Major Projects Tours in major commercial corridors throughout the city
- Revamped and updated the Partnership’s popular economic development publications, including the DC Neighborhood Profiles, the DC Doing Business Guide, and the DC Development Report
- Published the DC Doing Business Guide in both Spanish and as an e-publication
- Hosted six international business delegations
The report also highlights the findings from a study conducted by Delta Associates to assess the impact of the Partners
hip’s efforts on the District of Columbia. After researching over 100 businesses the Partnership has worked with over the past eleven years, Delta Associates found the Partnership’s efforts are expected to result in the creation of over 8,000 jobs in the District, generation of $53.6 million per year in sales tax revenue for DC, and 3 million square feet of new leases and commitments in offices, shopping centers, and mixed-use projects throughout the District.
The 2012 Annual Report shows that whether one plans to start a District-based business, make their existing business more competitive, connect to development and retail opportunities, or access research to make better-informed decisions, the WDCEP should be thought of as the economic development resource. Download the Report