WDCEP Highlights Retail Opportunities on Emerging Markets Tour
The WDCEP, in partnership with the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED), conducted a neighborhood retail and restaurant site tour on Thursday, January 17th, highlighting more than thirty available retail and restaurant opportunities along major commercial corridors in emerging markets throughout DC, including Minnesota & Benning, Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, St. Elizabeths, and Anacostia. Participants were joined by local business owners, real estate brokers, developers, and District government representatives to aid them in finding the perfect location for their business.
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157632686060539″]
Participants received updated information on the following sites:
- Park 7 | Donatelli Development
- Skyland | Rappaport Companies
- Saint Elizabeths East Campus | DMPED
- Saint Elizabeths East Gateway Pavilion | DMPED
- Shops at Park Village | WC Smith
- Nannie Helen at 4800 | Capital Retail Group
- Penn Branch Shopping Center
- Anacostia Warehouse Supermarket site
- Great Street Grants for Nannie Helen Burroughs Avenue, NE & Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
Attendees also heard from the Anacostia Playhouse, which is moving from H Street, NE to Anacostia. The Anacostia Playhouse is expecting to open in Spring 2013.
The WDCEP, in coordination with DMPED, will be conducting future tours in other neighborhoods throughout the District. For more information about future site tours or about opening a business in the District, please contact Daour Diawara, Manager of Business Development at the Washington, DC Economic Partnership at email@example.com or 202.661.8673.