The 411 on 202
D.C. Economic Indicators*
Labor & Industry
- Jobs in D.C. for December 2010, up 22,100 (3.1%) from December 2009
- District resident employment for December 2010, up 6,900 (2.4%) from December 2009
People & Economy
- D.C. unemployment rate for December: 9.7%, down 0.1% from last month and 2.2% lower than 1 year ago
- The share of filers with incomes less than $50,000 declined 1.8% between 2007 and 2008, while the share of filers with income $100,000 and over increased by 3% over the same period.
Housing & Office Space
- There were 160 condos sold in December 2010, up 1.9% from 1 year ago.
- The year to date median price increased 2.9% from 1 year ago for single family homes, and condos experienced an increase of 4.0% in the year to date median price
- In the 4th quarter of 2010 vacant commercial office space decreased by 0.7 million square feet from that of the 3rd quarter of 2010.
*DC Office of Revenue Analysis, February 2011 DC Economic Indicators