Join our Team! WDCEP is hiring a Program Associate, Technology & Entrepreneurship
Program Associate, Technology & Entrepreneurship
The Washington, DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP), a non-profit organization dedicated to facilitating economic development throughout Washington, DC is hiring a Program Associate, Technology & Entrepreneurship. This is a paid full-time position that will be responsible for assisting with all of WDCEP’s technology sector business development & business attraction initiatives. In addition to helping coordinate DC’s presence at South by Southwest and managing data collection of DC’s technology sector, the candidate will primarily focus on managing the daily operations of WDCEP’s technology startup mentoring program, the AccelerateDC Venture Mentoring Service.
Specific responsibilities include amongst others:
- Serve as the first point of contact for both prospective and current ventures, including being a liaison between all AccelerateDC ventures and their mentor teams.
- Find, meet, track, and monitor a pipeline of prospective companies that could be good candidates for support from AccelerateDC.
- Ensure consistent and organized tracking of AccelerateDC mentor sessions, including venture progress, meeting minutes, and meeting deliverables.
- Maintain databases to ensure accurate and up-to-date records on mentor information, venture information, and venture progress.
- Management of AccelerateDC’s communication & marketing activities, including the monthly e-newsletter and social media accounts.
- Organize regular AccelerateDC networking events and educational seminars, including the Boost Your Startup Speaker Series, roundtable discussions, boot camps, and showcases.
- Assist with outreach and coordination of DC’s presence at SXSW, including partner outreach, coordinating travel arrangements, and managing data collection.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Technology & Entrepreneurship for any of WDCEP’s technology-based initiatives.
The Program Associate will report to the Director, Technology & Entrepreneurship.
- College degree in a relevant discipline
- Previous administrative experience with exceptional organization skills, strong communication skills, and a highly professional demeanor
- Demonstrated interest in early stage development of technology companies
- Existing network of contacts in the business, technology, and/or startup community in the District is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Basecamp, and/or Mailchimp, is preferred.
- Preferably a District of Columbia resident.
To apply, please APPLY HERE. No phone calls please.
Salary will commensurate with experience. Great benefit package offered
To view other job opportunities at WDCEP, please click here.