DC Stimulus Package for Non-Profits
Featuring Deputy Mayor Neil Albert
Contact: Andi Joseph
Manager, Research & Communications
May 11, 2009
Washington, D.C.—Join the Washington, DC Economic Partnership on June 5th, from 8:30-10am at Reed Smith LLP for the second program in the 2009 inDC Economic Trendsetters series, focusing on the City’s efforts to attract and retain non-profits.
Be the first to hear from Deputy Mayor Neil Albert about about how the city is working to attract and retain non-profits and trade associations in the District.
Hear from panelists Jim Elder of National Public Radio, John Rogers of The Urban Institute, and Sue Haindl of The Pew Charitable Trusts who will speak on why their organizations chose to stay in DC, why they are headquartered here, and how they were able to achieve this partnering with the District.
Join us as Olivia Shay-Byrne of Reed Smith discusses, explains, and interprets how the new regulations will benefit the non-profit community.
This program is made possible by our inDC sponsors Reed Smith LLP and NoMa BID.
- Friday, June 5, 2009
- Registration & Breakfast: 8-8:30am
- Program: 8:30am-10:00am
- Reed Smith LLP
- 1301 K Street NW
- East Tower Penthouse
- Washington, DC 20005
- Metro – McPherson Square (Blue and Orange lines); Metro Center (Red, Blue and Orange lines)
- Deputy Mayor Neil Albert- Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
- Jim Elder, Vice President for Finance and Administration, Chief Financial Officer, and Treasurer – National Public Radio
- John R. Rogers, Executive Vice President, Treasurer, and Chief Financial Officer, The Urban Institute
- Sue Haindl, Managing Director, Operations – The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Olivia Shay-Byrne, Partner – Reed Smith LLP
Cost to attend this program is $35, and Registration is required. Please register by or before Wednesday, June 3, 2009; seating for this event is limited, and registration may close early if room capacity is reached.
The WDCEP is a 501(c)3 non-profit, public/private partnership dedicated to promoting business opportunities throughout DC and contributing to business retention and attraction activities. For more information visit www.wdcep.com.