Business Initiatives Breakfast Session III: Emergency Preparedness-Do You Know What to Do in a Crisis?
Contact: Raguel Broy Turner
Manager, PR & Communications
October 20, 2004
Washington, D.C.—In response to District based businesses’ concerns about security in the Nation’s Capital, the Marketing Center focuses the next Business Initiatives Breakfast (BIB) on security and emergency preparedness.
This BIB intends to alleviate businesses’ concerns and provide information on the measures the city has taken to respond to emergencies. Held at the site of CNN’s Crossfire at George Washington University, this breakfast seminar promises to be an extraordinary event with some of the area’s most prominent leaders and city officials addressing the issue of emergency preparedness.
Featured speakers include:
- Moderator- Chip Akridge, Chair, Board of Trade’s Emergency Preparedness Task Force
- Robert Bobb, City Administrator, Government of the District of Columbia
- Barbara Childs-Pair, Director, DC Emergency Management Agency
- Chief Charles Ramsey, DC Metropolitan Police Department
- Chief Adrian Thompson, DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services
- Dan Tangherlini, Director, District Department of Transportation
- Thomas Lockwood, Director, Office of National Capital Region Coordination, Department of Homeland Security
Space for this event is limited and an RSVP is required a registration form is attached. For more information, please contact Andrea Nicholaou at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (202) 661-8671 to reserve your space.
- 2004 Business Initiatives Breakfast, Session III: “Emergency Preparedness – Do You Know What to Do in a Crisis?”
- Thursday, September 30th, 2004
- 8:00- 10:00a.m.
- George Washington University Jack Morton Auditorium (Site of CNN’s Crossfire)
- 805 21st Street, NW
- Metro: Foggy Bottom (blue and orange lines)
- Parking: Limited Street Parking Available
The Washington, DC Marketing Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit, public/private partnership dedicated to promoting business opportunities throughout DC and contributing to business retention and attraction activities. For more information visit www.wdcep.com/about.