Apply to Become a WeDC Ambassador at SXSW
This year the WDCEP will again lead a delegation of Ambassadors to SXSW in Austin. To build on the success of the 2017 WeDC Ambassador program, we are seeking nominations for this year’s cohort of Ambassadors. The WeDC Ambassadors play an important role at SXSW, engaging with leaders and influencers from around the world on behalf of our creative and tech community. Our WeDC Ambassadors contribute an element of authenticity to DC’s presence at SXSW helping to out-preform other, much larger activations. Please take a moment to nominate anyone you feel would make an excellent representative of our community at SXSW. Leaders in tech, culture, and business are all welcome.
Please submit your nomination below. You may nominate someone you know personally or simply someone from our community whom you admire.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: JANUARY 15TH, 2018 @ MIDNIGHT
Ambassador Responsibilities Include:
- Social media and on ground marketing support
- Live coverage of WeDC House while at SXSW
- Ambassador attendance at, at least 3 non-WeDC events per day
- Bring SXSW attendees to WeDC House events and activations
- Ability to be in Austin, Texas for SXSW on March 11th and 12th, 2o18
What WDCEP Provides:
- Opportunities to connect with public and private leaders across DC and beyond
- Recognition by WDCEP and our public and private partners as a leader in DC
- Consistent promotion and celebration
- In-Depth profile, and subsequent promotion as a leader in DC
- Ambassador liaison from the WDCEP team to support, guide and elevate your time at SXSW
Please note this is not a fiscal sponsorship. No financial support or reimbursement is provided as part of this program. Badges will also not be provided as part of this engagement.
Check out the WeDC House in 2017.