The WeDC Ambassador program engages the District’s most passionate businesses leaders, entrepreneurs, creatives, and influencers to share their stories and insights about their experience working in DC’s diverse and inclusive business ecosystem and vibrant communities.
In collaboration with the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED), the Washington DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) is launching the 2019 WeDC Ambassador Program, extending from February 1st – December 31st.
WeDC Ambassadors will serve as unofficial representatives of the city at professional events and conferences locally, nationally and internationally by engaging and leveraging their networks to drive awareness and discuss their challenges and successes, while promoting Washington, DC as the leading city for doing business through economic growth, job creation, and inclusive innovation.
PLEAE READ CAREFULLY AND COMPLETE THE FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO APPLY OR MAKE A NOMINATION. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS SUNDAY, JANUARY 27TH AT 11:59PM:
- Engage DC’s most passionate businesses, community leaders, entrepreneurs and influencers to share their experiences conducting business in the city.
- Promote the District through authentic story-telling from the leaders who are experiencing, personally and professionally, all that the city has to offer across a variety of industries.
- Generate authentic promotional content from WeDC Ambassadors to be used across the year in marketing materials and programming.
- Leverage ambassador networks to increase awareness of business initiatives and offerings from DMPED and WDCEP.
- Establish a city presence and narrative of business growth at regional, national and international events, including community gatherings, social and professional events, and conferences in order to reach decision makers and generate business leads.
- Drive awareness and attendance to WeDC programming throughout the year including the WeDC House.
Annual Program Benefits:
- Official announcement and recognition as a WeDC Ambassador through September 30, 2019.
- Press and media awareness through WDCEP’s WeDC initiative and/or campaign.
- WDCEP to provide connections and/or introductions to local business leaders.
- Invitation to an exclusive VIP roundtable discussion with top private and public leaders.
- Exclusive invitations to WDCEP events throughout 2019.
- Selective opportunities to participate in Washington, DC mission trip(s) with a delegation of public officials and private leaders; as decided and announced.
- VIP access to all WDCEP programming throughout 2019 to include paid events.
- Complimentary registration(s) at the Annual Meeting + ECON Showcase; value t0 be determined.
- Exclusive WeDC Ambassador Features on WDCEP and partner channels.
- Ambassador spotlight email to 30,0000.
- Ambassador feature on wedchouse.com website.
- Paid and organic social media spotlights throughout the year including a minimum four (4) in-feed posts per ambassador across social media channels; i.e. twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Opportunity to attend (with guests) bi-annual “District Downloads” Happy Hour networking events hosted by WDCEP.
- Ambassador Resources: WDCEP will provide the following resources to an Ambassador to ensure they can effectively communicate and engage on behalf of the District.
- Ability to rent the WDCEP space for professional events upon availability; value determined based on usage up to $3,000.00.
- As part of their participation, WeDC ambassadors will receive an official Ambassador Toolkit to include:
- WeDC swag items as available
- Talking points on WDCEP, WeDC Ambassador program, District initiatives and more.
- Custom social media graphics to be used as needed and suggested social copy parameters.
- There are no financial incentives or compensation provided for the WeDC Ambassador program outside of the benefits described herein. All representatives will serve in a volunteer capacity and time commitments may vary.
SXSW Benefits (March 9th – 11th):
- Announcement and promotion as a WeDC Ambassador.
- Access to WeDC House programming including select VIP and private events.
- Complimentary food and beverage at the WeDC House.
- Media introductions and potential interviews facilitated by WDCEP at the WeDC House.
- Opportunity to speak at the WeDC House as part of relevant programming.
- Feature in WeDC House SXSW promotional materials including website, social media channels, emails, advertising, and other marketing materials.
- Inclusion in WeDC House SXSW press materials including press release announcement and applicable public relations efforts.
Annual Program Requirements:
- Serve as a WeDC Ambassador, promoting your business experience(s) and showcasing the benefits of starting, growing and expanding a business in the District.
- Act as an ambassador for 2019 term from February 1st – September 30th by conducting oneself in a manner that will not reflect poorly on WDCEP, DMPED, or any DC Government entity.
- Serve as a representative of Washington, DC at professional events, community gatherings and conferences locally, nationally and internationally.
- Ambassadors to identify conferences already planning to attend or attending.
- Ambassadors should participate in and/or host one (1) event per quarter or four (4) annually.
- Utilize personal and professional networks and channels to drive awareness of DC as the leading city for economic growth, job creation, and inclusive innovation.
- Monthly in-feed posts and story (if applicable) on preferred social media channel(s) (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) promoting business success in D.C., WeDC programming, WDCEP/DMPED initiatives and role as WeDC ambassador.
- Participate in WDCEP programming throughout the year.
- Serve as an unofficial spokesperson for businesses in the District for media opportunities secured by WDCEP and their partners throughout the term; could include broadcast, OpEd, online, phone or in-person interviews with regional or national media, etc.
- Provide testimonials about doing business in the District to be utilized for WDCEP marketing materials including, social media, website, blog posts, promotional materials, etc.
- Attend 01.28.19 “Employer Engagement Kick-Off” event where ambassadors will be formally announced.
- Attend WeDC ambassador on-boarding and kick-off event.
SXSW Specific Requirements:
- Attend WeDC SXSW pre-trip kick-off meeting.
- Attend post SXSW debrief meeting.
- Support touch points with prospective businesses, investors, partners or related to provide information on doing business in Washington, DC
- Collect contact information
- Generate high-quality, qualified warm leads for WDCEP to follow up
- Networking & Word-of-Mouth Marketing:
- Use personal and professional network to spread brand awareness about the WeDC House offerings and programming.
- Tell the story of DC as the capital of inclusive innovation and as a leading global city for doing businesses across industries
- Drive attendance to WeDC house programming and post-event activations to showcase the success of the WeDC Campaign.
- WeDC House Attendance:
- Attend Six (6) + sessions/events at the WeDC House.
- Attend Nine (9) + sessions of official SXSW.
- Participation in at least one (1) WeDC House program or event as a panelist or speaker
- Social Media Promotion: (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
- Five (5)+ in-feed posts across social platforms promoting participation as an ambassador, WeDC House programming and offerings to drive awareness and traffic.
- Five (5) + story posts (as applicable) promoting participation as an ambassador, house programming and offerings to drive awareness and traffic.
- During SXSW
- Three (3) + in-feed posts on social platforms (ideally with the largest following) live from the WeDC House
- Promote participation as an ambassador and reacting to house programming and offerings to drive awareness and traffic.
- Nine (9) + story posts (as applicable).
- Three (3)+ in-feed posts on social platforms (ideally with the largest following) post SXSW in reaction to the WeDC House, promoting participation as an ambassador and telling the story of 2019 house programming and offerings to drive awareness and traffic to the house.
- Three (3)+ story posts (as applicable).
*WeDC Ambassador applications will be reviewed and selected by an independent third-party, The Brand Guild, and final candidates will be evaluated by the Washington DC Economic Partnership and their partners.
**By submitting an application to the 2019 WeDC Ambassador program, WDCEP does not affirm that you will be selected. All WeDC Ambassadors are unofficial representatives of the city.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.