AccelerateDC’s 2014 Year-in-Review
AccelerateDC assisted 45 high-tech ventures on product development, fundraising, and business strategy in 2014.
During this time, they also grew from an initial advisory board of 4 to more than 94 mentors and partners.
Some of the highlights of 2014 include:
– $9.7 million in funding was raised by AccelerateDC ventures in the private capital and public grants.
– 25% of the ventures in AccelerateDC were founded by women.
– 162 hours of volunteer mentoring and consulting were facilitated.
– The majority of the ventures were based in DC (24/45), with a significant portion based in Maryland.
– Healthcare tech and bio tech were the leading industries along with other areas such as education, cyber security, and telecommunications.
The Washington, DC Economic Partnership began accepting ventures for AccelerateDC in January of 2014. Throughout the year, the program added additional services such as office hour meetings, the Boost Your Startup Speaker Series, Tech Talks with Gensler DC, and investor pitch scrub sessions to the list of benefits the program is providing to the DC Tech community.
The AccelerateDC Team is looking to roll out new opportunities for technology startups in 2015 to build on the program’s successful first year.