AccelerateDC Terms and Conditions
In order to participate in AccelerateDC as a volunteer mentor, you must agree to the Rules for Participating Entrepreneurs & Statement of Principles and agree to release from liability, both of which are outlined below. If you have questions or concerns about these requirements, you may wish to consult legal counsel.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATING ENTREPRENEURS & STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES
All entrepreneurs and members of entrepreneurial teams who participate in the AccelerateDC Venture Mentoring Service (AccelerateDC) should understand and are expected to abide by the following basic rules and principles:
AccelerateDC entrepreneurs are expected to commit to a sustained relationship with AccelerateDC, and to be professional, open, and responsive to the volunteer mentors who work with them. It is expected that the entrepreneur will be in meaningful contact with the AccelerateDC mentor system at a minimum of once per month and face to face once per two months. Entrepreneurs should give a progress report to AccelerateDC staff bi-monthly. During crucial times, contact may be daily and after mutual “graduation”, contact may drop to quarterly reviews. In addition, there must be mutual agreement that the relationship between the entrepreneur and AccelerateDC is beneficial.
- AccelerateDC entrepreneurs are responsible for providing AccelerateDC staff, to the best of their ability, with accurate information regarding their venture, and for identifying any current or potential claims on, or liabilities of, their business. All identified proprietary information provided by entrepreneurs will be maintained in strict confidence by AccelerateDC staff and volunteers.
- All applicants for AccelerateDC services must complete and sign an AccelerateDC Application Form for Mentoring Services, Acknowledgements and Release Form.
- A lead mentor will be assigned to each AccelerateDC entrepreneur/entrepreneurial team to arrange and oversee mentor assignments and to monitor the mentoring process. AccelerateDC entrepreneurs are expected to notify the AccelerateDC Director promptly to describe any problems or changes in their mentor relationships, or to request replacement of a mentor or to gain assignment of additional mentors.
- AccelerateDC entrepreneurs should understand that any AccelerateDC mentor who enters into a financial, equity or compensated business relationship with an AccelerateDC venture or entrepreneur must resign his or her position as mentor to the entrepreneur and/or venture involved. This resignation and proposed financial, equity or compensated business relationship must be submitted to the AccelerateDC Director.
- With AccelerateDC permission, AccelerateDC entrepreneurs may include the AccelerateDC Venture Mentoring Service name in their written business plan or company description, or mention AccelerateDC in their written fund raising presentations. Names of individual AccelerateDC mentors may be used if permission is given by the individual mentor.
- AccelerateDC reserves the right to disassociate from any entrepreneur who fails to comply with AccelerateDC rules, act in accordance with AccelerateDC
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and will abide by the AccelerateDC Venture Mentoring Service (AccelerateDC) Rules for Participating Entrepreneurs and Statement of Principles, referenced above. I also acknowledge that AccelerateDC mentors are uncompensated and can provide only educational support and that they cannot make business decisions for AccelerateDC entrepreneurs, and I hereby release from liability, and waive all claims that I, my heirs, successors, and assigns may have against any AccelerateDC mentor for any actual or claimed errors or other acts or omissions.
I further acknowledge that the AccelerateDC does not control or direct its mentors in connection with services provided to entrepreneurs or their ventures, and I hereby release from liability, and waive all claims that I, my heirs, successors and assigns may have against the AccelerateDC and its directors and officers for any actual or claimed errors or other acts or omissions of the AccelerateDC mentors.
Finally, I acknowledge that the activities of the AccelerateDC Venture Mentoring Service are conducted largely by volunteers on a best-effort basis who are fully independent of and are not directed by Washington DC Economic Partnership staff or partners, its employees, Board of Directors, or Advisors. I hereby release from liability and waive all claims against Washington DC Economic Partnership that I, my heirs, successors and assigns may have for any actual or claimed errors or other acts, or omissions, including, but not limited to negligent acts of the AccelerateDC Venture Mentoring Service or its directors, officers, or mentors or anyone else connected with AccelerateDC Venture Mentoring Service.