PRIMARY DUTIES: OPERATIONAL
- Assists the Manager of Operations in maintaining budget and authorization requests, monitor the utilization of WDCEP financial resources
- Document digitizing: prepare and organizes documents for accurate and efficient scanning of paper documents for digital record keeping and proper document archiving
- Assist and support in the development of staff in-service, professional development, and relationship improvement programs and events
- Organizing, filing, and researching emerging trends in economic development as needed
SECONDARY DUTIES: ADMINISTRATIVE
- Front Desk: Welcome visitors in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Assist with taking minutes for internal and external meetings
- Meeting management: Assist with the set up and break down of WDCEP meetings and events
- Event Reception: Assist with registration and on-site monitoring of annual citywide events such as Entree DC and WeDCFest
- Salesforce – entering in business cards and data used for Business Development research
- Update, monitor and retrieve materials from Salesforce
GOALS TO ACHIEVE
- You will depart the Washington DC Economic Partnership with secured knowledge and the ability to achieve a skill set transferrable to you future profession through:
- Experience with operational practices within an organization.
- Familiarity with database – Salesforce and event platforms.
- Overall general administration support.
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative and detail-oriented.
- Basic computer processing skills including Microsoft Office and Internet research.
- Project or work experience in Excel preferred but not required
- Interest in operational practices.
- College coursework or comparable work experience preferred (Business Administration, Business Management, Hospitality, & Human Resources)
Time: This is a part-time internship (16-20 hours per week on average); the hours and time commitment are flexible to be set between the supervisor and the internship candidate prior to the start of the internship.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter HERE. No phone calls please.