The Washington, DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP), a non-profit, public-private partnership that focuses on facilitating economic development on behalf of the District of Columbia is seeking a Marketing Coordinator.
WDCEP, through our business attraction and retention programs, promotes the District nationally and internationally to attract and retain businesses and support the local entrepreneur ecosystem.
The Marketing Coordinator will be part of the Washington DC Economic Partnership’s Marketing and Communications Department, which is responsible for branding initiatives, the WDCEP website and social media channels, marketing WDCEP events and programs, and external relations including working with the press. The department’s objective is to advance Washington, DC’s identity and broaden awareness within our market and target audiences. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and will be working with the organization’s Creative Strategist.
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor website content calendar
- Create, edit, and share scheduled content (original text, images, video and HTML)
- Lead the day-to-day upkeep of the WDCEP’s website including updating text, links, logos, photos, embedded videos, uploading documents and forms, and more
- Assist with the development of strategies to grow the traffic and engagement for the WDCEP website, including SEO and industry best-practices
- Capture, interpret, and report metrics on website visitation and behavior
- Monitor email marketing calendar
- Create, edit, and share scheduled content (original text, images, video and HTML) via email marketing software, Mailchimp
- Capture and articulate results of WDCEP marketing campaigns for recap reports
- Create exciting social media content with a connection to the mission of the organization that will generate high levels of engagement. Current Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, lnstagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Develops and implements processes for tracking and monitoring social media campaigns and promotions to ascertain success and results
- Maintain content calendar (using Hootsuite or similar platform)
- Must be well-versed in social media writing, implementing cross-promotional social campaigns, scheduling and tailoring content across multiple platforms, maintaining brand voice, social listening, etc.
- Measure results and provide weekly reporting to continually evaluate effectiveness of social strategies; develop actionable insights to inform content decisions.
- Live, real-time event coverage onsite, as needed
- Work with partner agencies to implement social campaigns to drive attendance, increase revenues, and promote WDCEP’s events, sponsor-related initiatives, news, and more
- Provide analytical data to support new and ongoing campaigns for optimal ROI
- Capture usages and data on sponsor-related posts for post-event reporting
- Develop and edit video content (may be used on website or social media, or showcased at events)
- Develop and edit miscellaneous presentations
- Assist with graphic design, modifying existing files as needed
- On-site event support, as needed
- Creatively use social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram to effectively communicate multiple key messages and build engagement
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in web writing
- Apply knowledge of best practices for social and web writing
- Synthesize and communicate, in writing, orally and visually, technical information to non-technical audiences
- Work collaboratively, independently, and under pressure
- Act in a tactful and diplomatic manner and work on sensitive issues with diverse groups
- Organize multiple work assignments and set priorities; meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively and positively, and maintain productive interpersonal relations with coworkers, supervisor, the general public and other people/groups with which the position interact
- Attend scheduled evening and weekend meetings and events as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism, Graphic Design, or other closely related field (and)
- 0 – 2 years’ experience directly related to the duties of the position; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, work and/or internship experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the duties of the job listed above.
- Extensive experience coordinating and overseeing an organization’s social media presence on multiple channels.
- Demonstrated ability to craft creative, timely, accurate and interesting web content and email communications.
- Knowledge of Adobe and/or Google analytics, A/B testing, advanced analytics
- Experience with marketing automation systems (i.e. Eloqua, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Mailchimp)
- High level understanding of email marketing laws & best practices (i.e. CANSPAM, GDPR, CASL)
- Experience with web analytic programs (i.e. Adobe, Google)
- Experience with programming and coding languages (i.e. HTML, SQL, java, etc.)
- Experience using CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce, Nimble)
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience with CMS programs (WordPress, Drupal etc.)
- Experience with both paid and organic social media analytics
- Based on qualifications
- Benefits (e.g. health, dental, 401k, life, gym membership)
- October 2019
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.