2021 DC Retail Summit
The 2021 DC Retail Summit: Forecasting Our Future is a half-day virtual session featuring one-on-one conversations and panels that explore our business community’s pivot over the last year and what’s next for DC retail and restaurants.
DC Retail Now + Tomorrow
What questions should we be asking about the Future of Retail? DC Retail Summit explores the possibilities and how small and local independent retail emerge over the next three years within the District’s ecosystem.
- Dr. Claire Nelson, Chief Ideation Leader, The Futures Forum and Forbes Top 50 Female Futurist
- James Rhee, John H. Johnson Endowed Chair and Professor of Entrepreneurship, Howard University
The NexGEN in Retail
Going out of business and then coming back in is not new for retail. From digital technology, enhancing experiences, e-commerce, home, and curbside delivery, 2020 forced retailers to reimagine the online and offline customer experience. From startups to expansions, retail owners discuss how the pandemic has (re)shaped their businesses.
Hosted by Harold Fisher, Daily Drum, WHUR 96.3FM
- Victoria Lai, Owner, Ice Cream Jubilee
- Dr. Gautham Vadakkepatt, Founding Director, Center for Retail Transformation, George Mason University School of Business
- Yolanda Dandridge James, CEO, Insight Opticians
DC Retail Red Talk: Unbreakable
DC Retail Summit in partnership with Story District spotlights the direct autobiographical story from a DC Retail Owner, Sarah Frimpong, Founder of Wellfound Foods, on how she discovered the power and purpose of being unbreakable during the pandemic.
Equity: Retail Leaders in Action
Equity is imperative and indisputable. Understanding where to invest and how to improve the workplace and the community shows measurable actions and commitment to change. Retail Leaders disclose their lessons from the global pandemic inclusive of their social responsibility goals in action. Hosted by Denise Rolark Barnes, Publisher, The Washington Informer.
- Bryan Myers, President and CEO, Solidcore
- Anna Valero, Owner, Hook Hall
- Rahama Wright, CEO Shea Yeleen and Founder, The DC Pop Up
DC Retail Red Talk: Connected
DC Retail Summit in partnership with Story District spotlights a DC Retail Owner, Anika Hobbs, Nubian Hueman inspiring story on how being connected changes lives and ultimately, business during the pandemic.