Director of People and Operations
Washington DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) is seeking a Director of People and Operations. This role reports to the CEO and oversees everything related to business operations, accounting/finance, human resources and grants management. The ideal candidate is a driven and resourceful professional who has a versatile operations, business and people skillset.
The Director of People and Operations is responsible for directing and managing the organization’s financial, accounting, and human resource policies, grant reporting and management, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, payroll systems and processes, and ongoing financial modeling and reporting. This position reports to the President & CEO of the organization.
The Washington DC Economic Partnership is a public-private partnership dedicated to facilitating economic development in the District of Columbia. As a 501 (c) (3) organization, WDCEP promotes business opportunities throughout the District of Columbia and contributes to business retention and attraction activities.
The company boasts great benefits, a commitment to quality of life and an excellent office space. Salary around $100k plus strong benefits.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems, and Financial Controls:
Responsible for the delivery of efficient accounting and financial systems, policies and processes that meet the current and future business requirements of the organization.
• Manage all aspects of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Billing
• Manage corporate credit card charges, reconcile, and approve monthly credit card activity
• Work with outside accounting firm to prepare the monthly close and the year-end close
• Track board contributions
• Oversee the external audit, review and analyze results, and recommend for approval the Audited Financial Statements
• Prepare the financial section of the annual report
• Manage the cash management function, including banking relationships and cash flow analysis
• Ensure that organization is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations, and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner
• Manage the internal review processes to ensure that finance and operations controls and policies are in compliance with the organization’s standards
• Manage the payroll function, ensuring efficient systems, processes, and controls
• Manage and maintain accounting policies and procedures
Fundraising and Grant Management:
• Manage received grant funding; this includes preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual closeout reports, budget management and expense tracking, management of employees’ time spent on each grant; and communicating with granting agencies
• Able to oversee multiple fiscal year grants and ensure compliance with all agreements
Cash and Risk Management:
• Manage the annual insurance renewal process and ensure appropriate coverage is maintained at all times
• Ensure appropriate legal review of contracts and solicit external legal advice, as required
• Oversee and ensure compliance in the Organization’s procurement policies
• Manage ongoing banking relationships for maximum efficiency
• Ensure that financial management reporting processes are in place and are continuously maintained
• Present monthly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results
Budgeting and Financial Modeling:
• Work with President and CEO to develop the annual operating budget
• Develop grant and program budgets as needed
• Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise
• Oversee and review Expensify processes as well as committed books to maintain accurate financial projections
• Responsible for working with the President/CEO to create and enforce organizational human resource policies
• Set-up, maintain records, and on-board/ off-board employees
• Prepare and review termination paperwork
• Oversee performance review process and support management in supervising employees
• Manage and maintain employee records, payroll records, and leave time records
• Ensure organizational compliance with all applicable laws
• Manage the 401k and all fringe benefit plans
• Manage and maintain the timekeeping system
• Manage the Operations Associate position
• Oversee all aspects of office operations
• Support and prepare BOD meeting materials including slide decks, minutes, and other materials
Annual salary of ~$100,000 (depending on qualifications) + benefits (e.g. health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life insurance, short & long term disability, commuter stipend and office gym)
TO APPLY: please email your cover letter and resume to the Director, People and Operations, Jonathon Koudelka.
WDCEP is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.