Spread the #WeDC message at SXSW for Washington, DC
If you are a proud member of the DC tech, creative, or business community and are interested in representing Washington, DC at SXSW, apply for the chance to become a WeDC brand ambassador.
WDCEP and Fosterly are accepting nominations for Ambassadors to host the #WeDC House at SXSW March 11-13. #WeDC Ambassadors will help us promote Washington, DC as the all access point to the entire creative sphere. This is where we show the world how #WeDC in real life with stories straight from the source: the District’s creative community and all who support it. We’re looking for business hotshots, culture creatives and cool connoisseurs who can talk DC tech, neighborhoods, music, food, culture or sports. If that’s you or someone you know, take a moment to complete the nomination process.
Deadline to apply is Tuesday, January 31.
- Exclusive access to events at the WeDC House
- Personal introductions to leaders in tech, government, and entertainment upon request
- (3) Exclusive WeDC Ambassador T-shirts
- Coordinate individual travel and lodging
- Be present in Austin, TX and available from Saturday (3/11) to Monday (3/13)
- Attend and participate in events at the WeDC House
- Attend select SXSW events outside of the WeDC House
- Promote DC at SXSW via the #WeDC hashtag throughout your social media channels
- Engage with non DC residents on social media before, during, and after SXSW
- Connect with non DC residents in person at SXSW
- Promote events at the WeDC House and encourage contacts to attend
- Craft and share your personal story as it relates to DC and what you are proud of
- Preference given to DC residents
- Relevant accomplishments relating to the creative economy
- Personal story and ability to communicate it
- Social media following and activity