Washington DC Economic Partnership Partners With DCRA On Third Annual Building Conference
Build It In DC Event Aligns Industry Leaders with Government Programs
The Washington DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) has partnered with The DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs in holding the agency’s third annual Build It In DC conference on July 19, 2017 at The Washington Convention Center. The single day forum is created to connect the contracting and building improvement industry to the business resources necessary to thrive in the D.C. metro area.
This unique event allows small business owners to connect directly with government officials, including insight from DCRA experts, business development professionals, gather permitting and regulatory information, and learn from industry leaders – all while networking with colleagues in the industry. With support from WDCEP, Build It In DC will draw hundreds of business professionals to connect with and learn from each other.
“We are thrilled to partner with DCRA on the Build It In DC program” said Keith Sellars, President and CEO of WDCEP. “This program helps strengthen the DC business community and we are confident that our partnership will continue to connect seasoned industry leaders and new businesses owners, alike, to the resources that enable businesses to thrive in DC.”
The innovative conference programs include:
- Permitting Hub: Check your status on site and learn from DCRA permitting specialists
- Certified Business Enterprises (CBE): How 35% can mean millions
- Coffee and Connect Networking Lounge featuring DCRA’s new Chief Building Officer Lynn Underwood
- Building a Smart City: Residential Solar and Taking Advantage of DC’s Smart Innovations
- Government Contracting Roundtables: The Ins and Outs of Financing and Navigating Government Contracts
Breakfast + Networking
8 to 9AM
9 to 10AM
10AM to 12PM
- Permitting Hub: Check your status and learn from DCRA permitting specialists
- Financing and Government Contracting Fair
- Certified Business Enterprises (CBEs): How 35% can mean millions
- Coffee and Connect: Networking Lounge featuring DCRA’s new Chief Building Office Lynn Underwood
- Building A Smart City: Residential solar 101 & taking advantage of DC’s smart innovations
12 to 1PM
This is the third year for Build It In DC and it is expected to draw over 300 attendees from the Washington, DC-metro area with a focus on those in the building industry, including contractors, architects, business development, interior designers, realtors, and more. The full conference schedule is available and registration is free and open to the public.