- Front Desk: Welcome visitors in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Meeting Management: Assist with the set up and break down of WDCEP meetings and events.
- Event Support: Assist with pre-registration & onsite registration.
- Salesforce – entering in business cards and data used for research.
- Update, monitor and retrieve materials from Salesforce.
- Assist with comprehensive administrative support
- Organizing, filing, and researching emerging trends in economic development as needed.
- Sorting and responding to incoming and outgoing emails and snail mail.
- Assist with taking minutes for internal and external meetings.
GOALS TO ACHIEVE
- You will depart the Washington DC Economic Partnership with secured knowledge and the ability to achieve a skill set transferrable to you future profession through:
- Experience with operational practices within an organization.
- Familiarity with database – Salesforce and event platforms.
- Overall general administration support.
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative and detail-oriented.
- Basic computer processing skills including Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Interest in operational practices.
- College coursework or comparable work experience preferred.
Time: This is a part-time internship (15 hours per week on average); the hours and time commitment are flexible to be set between the supervisor and the internship candidate prior to the start of the internship.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter HERE. No phone calls please.