Manager, Small Business & Entrepreneurship
The Washington DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) seeks to fill the full-time position of Manager, Small Business & Entrepreneurship, which will be responsible for managing WDCEP’s small business & entrepreneurial development initiatives. The candidate will manage all of WDCEP’s entrepreneurship-focused educational programming & resources, as well as serve as a liaison between the DC Government, business assistance organizations, and the small business & entrepreneurial communities. This position will report to the Vice President, Programs.
The candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with an interest in entrepreneurship. Top candidates will have previous program management experience with exceptional organization skills, strong communication & public speaking skills, and a highly professional demeanor.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Management & Content Development
- Manage all aspects of program and content development for WDCEP’s entrepreneurial-focused initiatives, including DC Biz Chats, DC Biz Cafes, DC Doing Business Guide, and Entrepreneur Toolkits.
- Manage all event planning and execution of all entrepreneurship-focused educational programming & events
- Evaluate and track effectiveness of small business & entrepreneurship programming & initiatives
- Prepare quarterly and annual program plans and reports
- Manage the research and content creation of both print and online small business educational resources
- Collaborate with the Vice President, Programs to identify, develop and execute strategies to support entrepreneurship in DC, including new event opportunities, topics, and markets for educational programming & initiatives
Small Business & Entrepreneurship Liaison
- Serve as a business development specialist by providing assistance to small businesses and entrepreneurs in Washington, DC
- Develop & maintain strong relationships & partnerships with other business assistance organizations
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with local businesses and provide them with appropriate support information
- Conduct periodic needs assessments of the small business and entrepreneurial community
- Track new contacts and activities on a consistent basis in Salesforce
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in program management, event management, or small business assistance
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred
- Positive, entrepreneurial spirit including ability to seek new and creative solutions to challenges
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with precision and attention to detail while continually finding ways to improve processes to produce higher quality events with more effective results
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with special attention to detailed editing of promotional materials, website and print pieces
- Exceptional customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Basecamp, Salesforce, event registration platforms, and/or Mailchimp is preferred.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required
The Washington DC Economic Partnership is a public-private partnership dedicated to facilitating economic development in the District of Columbia. As a 501 (c) (3) organization, WDCEP promotes business opportunities throughout the District of Columbia and contributes to business retention and attraction activities.
$50,000-$60,000 (depending on qualifications) + benefits (e.g. health, dental, vision, 401k, life, short & long term disability, TSA or Global Entry and office gym)
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter HERE. No phone calls please.